Sunday, 25 March 2007

Sunday

It has been a busy few days. Busy but fun. I've got my classes for "Scrap the lot" in my diary. I have ideas of what I am going to do for the classes and already have one LO in the shop. I will be teaching some kids classes and the "luscious" classes. Really excited about teaching again!
I used to be a primary school teacher in Holland before we moved here (4 1/2 years ago) but this will be a totally different kind of teaching. I have missed the teaching but haven't been able to go back "to school" as the girls are still so little and I want to be here for them, but being able to teach scrapbooking is a totally different thing. I can do that when Allan is home and prepare LO's and OTP's when the girls are asleep or when they are playing by themselves (whenever that might happen). So it's all good!!

Yesterday we went to an engagement party from some friends of us and had a great time. They live just around the corner so when the kids were tired we could just take them to bed and one of us could stay on for a little longer (me in this case... yay). The kids had so much fun, playing with all the other kids. Lucy found a little friend, she is only 3 days older that her, was so cute. Chris entertained the little ones, as usual, and Ruby played with lots of different kids and her best friend Claire.

This morning we went to Tilly's for coffee (well tea for me) to say goodbye to Allan's cousin Suzanne who's going back to Singapore. It was lovely to catch up and see Allan's sisters again too. They asked me to make a little album for their niece as a 30th birthday present. Her birthday is next month do so I better start with it very soon!

And yes I did finish the "always" Lo from Kim Archer's class. It turned out quite nice! Love her style!



It was my dad's birthday on the 23 rd. I made him a wall hanger but haven't send it yet as they are moving so I might as well send it to their new house. I haven't seen my dad in all those 4 1/2 years. My mum comes over almost every year to see the kids (and us) but as my dad had a stroke and is busy with rehabilitation we haven't seen eachother. It's alsways quite hard to get into contact with him too as he was in a nursing home and just didn't pick up the phone. I had to call when his wife was there and that was when it was in the middle of the night overhere. But now that they have their own place again it will be much easier to get in contact with him. Well I hope so anyway. So this is the hanger I made for him.
I have to go and think of some easter cards for my class at the "rainbow" for tomorrow.
Hope you all have a lovely sunday.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Hi Manon - love your blog.
Love all your layouts and that wall hanger you made your dad is an excellent idea - may have to scraplift it LOL. Love that you are teaching scrapbooking - how cool is that for you. Just wish I lived in Canberra ;-) Good luck with the classes.

Louise said...

Hi Manon
Your 'Hanger' is just Beautiful!!!! Your Dad should lOVE IT!!

Cheers Lou :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Manon,

Your blog looks fantastic, I love all your gorgeous pages with your beautiful kiddies. You have such a wonderful scrapping style. Congratulations on the teaching, how exciting, can't wait to see your work!

Christine