Thursday, 26 April 2007

Tagged



Warning long post ahead!!

So I've been tagged by
Tash. These are the "rules..
Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. At the end of your blog, you need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!

1. I am 3 different mums in one. I was a youngish and single mum when I had Chris, an older (well not that old though..) mum with the 2 girls and a stepmum to Allan's kids. How lucky am I!!

2. I sang backing vocals in a band, sang a-capella with a group and played guitar (not that good though) and sang Irish songs with a friend of mine. This was all in Holland.

3. I didn't drive car for the first 3 years we lived in Australia. I was too insecure to drive here. Different side of the road and some other rules. Now that I do drive here there isn't a day that goes by without me driving. And I do so much more now that I drive, a whole new world opened up to me!!

4. I was a primary school teacher in Holland. I went to Uni when Chris turned 3 and only worked as a teacher for 3 years before moving to Australia.

5. I was INXS' biggest fan in Holland when hardly anybody knew them overthere. Everyone then thought it was a strange name.

6. I've only been scrapping for a little over a year.

7. People often think that I am outgoing but in fact I am quite shy and insecure.

Yay... done!! I saw that a lot of people have already been tagged but I'll try to get 7 anyway so count yourselves tagged
Liz, Kim, Kaz, Jen, Godelieve, Philippa and Marije

So, we've been on holiday.. well more like a break actually but it was good. We had a couple of days of lovely weather that we spent on the beach. We didn't swim but built sandcastles jumped over the waves and just walked and enjoyed the ocean and salty air. To my surprise my girls both did the opposite of what I expected. Lucy, who is usually the daredevil, was very scared of "bubble" (she calls everything that is wet bubble so also the ocean). She felt fine on the soft sand but didn't really want to go any closer to the water than that. Ruby just adored the water. She jumped over little waves and wanted to go further in the water to jump over the "big waves" and I thought that she was the more insecure one and not daredevil one at all. So how wrong can you be!!

Ruby did end up having a bit of a stomach bug so Sunday she spent at our friends house just lying on the couch and watching some telly. That day it was raining anyway so her timing was pretty good. Allan and I took Lucy to Mogo to have a look around while Chris stayed with Ruby. I, of course, had to check out the local scrap store, Amanda's at Mogo. It was a little shop but with so much stuff!! I never knew people could fit so many things in a relatively small space. Found some lovely little goodies to take home.

On Tuesday we went to Allan's Uncle Harry's funeral. He died while we were on holiday so we came back a little earlier for his funeral. Uncle Harry was a lovely man, I feel very privileged I got to know him. He always had great stories to tell and luckily a lot of his stories about the past have been documented so that will be fantastic to read. Allan's family have been in Canberra for a long time. His grandmother was the first centenarian in Canberra! How special is that. His grandmother's last name was Kelly so I always imagine him being a great great great grandson of Ned Kelly ;)

Anyway... some photo's form our holiday. I hardly took any but here are my favourite ones.


To everyone who is so lucky going to kiwiscraps.. hope you all have the best time and hopefullyI can go next time as well......

Happy scrapping!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lieve Manon,

Wat weer een mooi verhaal en prachtige foto's,maar zou je mij ook een paar foto's per mail willen sturen zodat ik ze kan laten ontwikkelen,ik probeer je morgen even te bellen.

Liefs mama

Tara in AZ said...

I found your blog, through a comment you left on a friends blog! Funny how driving can be a scary thing, when I first moved I took a year off and wouldn't drive either! New places can be intimidating! Your beach photos are lovely too!

Louise said...

Hi Manon

Youve been tagged too [lol] its been great reading all these extra bits of info about my fave bloggers and scrappers.
BB looks lovely, mmmm a holiday Im jealous!!!

Cheers Louise :)

Liz said...

Hi Manon. Love your "holiday" shots. Glad you had a good time but sad you had to go to the funeral. The good die young.
Loved reading your random 7 facts. Verrrrrryyyy interesting :-)
Good luck for tomorrow and looking forward to seeing more of your creations soon.

Moira said...

Catching up at last!
Loved reading your tags!
Great to see you lately!!!
xxx