Saturday, 2 June 2007

Photo's

I am taking part in a photography / scrapbooking competition at CIS. Every month Jolene gives us a photography lesson in three parts. We all practise and upload 3 photo's. Then we make one LO with one or more of the photo's. The first month the subject was "portrait photo's". These are the photo's I entered. First photo was to get very close to your object, second photo had to be not so close and the third photo had to be from a different angle.




I used the photo of Chris close up, for the LO.




This month the subject was Landscape photo's. Because the light is better early in the morning I woke up early last weekend and took Ruby (who woke up as well) out to Hall. There was a lot of mist in Hall, which I really liked. I entered these three photo's. First photo was about rule of thirds, second about lines in a landscape and the last one had to have an interesting foreground as well as background.



I am especially happy with the "horses" one. Love the light and mist (and the horses of course). Ruby fell totally in love with the horses. They were very friendly and let Ruby pet them. This month was quite a challenge as I don't take photo's of landscapes very often (hardly ever!) but it was very good to learn some great techniques!


This is the LO I did for this month.




Further, my card is on the Becky Fleck pagemaps site. I sent her 2 cards and she chose the blue one for her site.

















One more LO to share was made for a Scrap the Lot class. The collection of photo's is on a seperate piece of cardstock and is attached to the background with the ribbons. it opens up like a book and behind that page are more photo's and journalling. The new classes I'm teaching are up on their website. Call Tammy and Yvonne to book your seat!





Big news! Allan got the job he applied for. There were more than 60 applicants for 4 jobs so he is really happy about that!! (and so am I).


I started working at my new job on Wednesday. So far one day a week which is perfect for us because this way we won't need childcare as Allan doesn't work on that day.


Last night I did a class with Jen Hall, she is one clever lady!. We made this gorgeous "itty bitty" book. I haven't finished it yet but will share when it is finished.


That's all for today. Hope you all have a great sunday.


Happy scrappin'

5 comments:

Moira said...

Top photos, lovely LOs, good to see you today!!!

Jolene Pienaar said...

Love those photos! Love that LO with all those little photos! And massive huge congrats to your hubby on getting the job!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hallo Manon.

Wat een geweldige leuke foto's met die paarden!!
Dat worden vast mooie kaarten.

Groetjes Monique.

Anonymous said...

Lieve Manon,

Prachtige foto's leuk om te zien hoeveel plezier je er aan hebt.

Liefs mama

Liz said...

Wow Manon you have been busy scrapping. I love your CIS photos and the layouts you have created with your fav - I really love that "Tranquil" layout.

I love your class layout "The Boot" - wish I lived close by so I could do your class too Manon.

Congrats to Allan on the job and I am so glad you guys both get a chance to work and share the kids at the same time.

Happy scrapping Manon and see you at CIS soon. :-)