Friday, 7 September 2007

Being nice and paying it forward.....

Been tagged by Liz... for being nice :)






How sweet it that!
I'll nominate these lovely girls:
I was lucky enough to be one of the first 3 people to leave a comment on Jasmine's blog and now she's going to send me a handmade present!! Woohoo, how cool is that!!
Now I have to pay it forward too so the first three people to leave a comment on my blog will be send a handmade gift. I have officially a whole year time to do it, but I'm sure it will be a bit quicker than that. I'll start working on them after Allan's 50th birthday.
Talking about Allan's birthday.. it's only 2 weeks from today.. OMG. I feel as if I still have so much to organise. I won't go into details in case he decides to read my blog. If he does..
DON"T READ ANY FURTHER ALLAN!!!!!!
OK, that should do it :)
Not much has been happening as the kids have been sick, cold and conjunctivitis (Lucy and Ruby), earinfection (Chris). They weren't cranky or anything like that but as I didn't want the girls to give it to other people we basically stayed home most of the time.
Yesterday Lucy had enough of staying at home and after her nap she climbed into the pram and said she wanted to go and see Mimi (Amy). Ruby thought that was a great idea as she was hanging out to see her friend Claire again. So we had a nice play at their house. Today we went to playgroup again. It is so funny, Lucy, my outgoing chickie, is becoming a bit shy. She was sitting on my lap for about 20 minutes when we got there. Not that I was complaining as she generally is not the kinda girl that wants to snuggle up for too long.
I totally forgot to tell you all that I went to an ACTSA (ACT stamping artists) meeting 2 weeks ago with Margaret . It was great. I had never been before (and neither had Madge) so at least we weren't a newbie alone! There were 3 shops (limetart, Lara's shop and another one.. (can't remember that name).
Philippa did a demo about making transfers with a gel medium, was awesome!! Then there was a demo for stamping beginners (that was us.. and some other people) where they showed this credit card technique for making backgrounds, very cool.
I had a lovely time and it was great to spend some time with Margaret as I didn't know her very well yet. She is just so lovely!!
On monday night I was teaching at Scrap The Lot, we made a little handbag album, very cute. There's normally a max. of 6 people but that night there were 7, which was fine as that way my friends Alison and Janina could join in the class too. Was a lovely evening with lovely ladies.
It's so nice that my friend Michelle does quite a few classes with me, it's so nice to have her there!
The new timetable for Scrap The Lot is on the website, so go and check it out!! There are some special new classes like one 4 hour class on a sunday afternoon where we'll be making a chipboard album! The midnight scrap nights on Saturday are back too. Anyway, check out the timetable and make sure you book in in time as there are limited places. Also if you would like a certain class and you have a group of at least 4 friends, come in and we'll arrange a special class for you!
If you are a Canberran.. go to the shop tomorrow as it is the last day of the birthday sale where you get 20% off almost everything!!
On the 18th and 19th of September Karen day is teaching this class at Scrapbook 'n Bits. I just received my pizza box for this class today.. looks gorgeous!! can't wait to do the class :)
Scrapping wise I've not been very busy this week, a bit lazy!
Over the last few weeks I made these journal pages (man I love doing these!!)













And I've been working on Allan's album... not working very hard I'm afraid though. But I made these pages and some more but I haven't got piccies of them. Sorry the photo's are crooked but it was so windy that I had to leave the pages in the album!





Well suppose that's it for me today!

Happy scrapping and till next time :)

3 comments:

Alison said...

Hi Manon,

Ooh,how exciting I'm leaving the first comment! I really enjoyed the class on Monday and think my bag looks very cool! Can't wait till I find two other friends so I can do the felt class LOL...

Love your LO with Ruby and the monkey - such a cute photo.
Ax

Anonymous said...

Lieve Manon

Wat een leuk verhaal en prachtige LO's,je hebt er weer veel werk van gemaakt,wat een creabea ben jij toch.

liefs mama

Dee said...

Loving the journal Manon; it's looking absolutely gorgeous. And very fitting that you're tagged as a nice person; you're one of the nicest peole I know!