Tuesday, 30 October 2007

More birthdays

My baby girl turned 2 almost 2 weeks ago!! Here's the birthday girl being very happy (and tickled).










Just like last year we had a party for her on my birthday (which was 3 days later and on a Sunday). We had a total of 26 people over which was fantastic. Lots of her friends were over and were having a ball just playing. We didn't bother playing any games as all the kids were just too busy having fun to be disturbed. We also had my friends over (conveniently most of them have little kiddies, which are the girls friends, too). We prepared an easy but so yummy BBQ and I used some Donna Hay recipes after a colleague was telling me about her gorgeous recipes. I must tell you I have fallen in love with Donna Hay. I used 2 recipes for the BBQ (sweet and sour chicken on skewers and beef kofta's on skewers). They were from the kids magazine but every one loved them and they were so easy to make! I also made the cupcakes (instead on one big cake) and used the cupcakes with raspberry cream recipe. They were the best cup cakes I've ever made!

My darling husband had a big surprise for me. A present I've longed for for quite some time now

MY NEW DIGI SLR CANON EOS 400 All the piccies on today's entry have been taken with it. I love it so much!!!

The new sketch for "My Sketch World" is out! It is a gorgeous sketch and had heaps of fun making a LO for it. This is what I came up with.

Lucy is having her blogs first birthday in November so you can expect some gorgeous sketches every week for the whole month, go and have a look!!

I have done quite a bit more scrapping but have no piccies of it as they are classes for "Scrap The Lot" or I haven't quite finished it yet.

On Sunday I taught a class using a little 4" x 4" Maya road binder album. It was a 4 hour class instead of the normal 3 hour classes. The class was during the day which is different too. I found that most of the ladies found it a lovely idea as it gave them a nice break! All their albums turned out gorgeous!!

Thursday I'll be teaching what you can do with all those scraps and turn it into a nice little weekly journal. Love that class!

Coming weekend we'll be going to Bateman's bay for a 5 day break. Allan's sisters gave him half of the holiday on his birthday. Because Tuesday is a public holiday we decided to extend the weekend with 2 more days. So looking forward to be down the coast again (and not just for all the photo opportunities with my new beauty :) ). The weekend after Lucrecia and I will be going to Kiwiscraps. So much to look forward to!!!

And the lovely Dee has tagged me, thanks girlie. So here are 7 random things about me.

1. I have to read before i go to sleep, have done that for as long as I can remember!

2. My favourite book at the moment is "A thousand splendid suns" by Khaled Hosseini. If you haven't read it yet you really should do yourself the favour and read it, awesome book! When i told my mum that I was reading that book and loving it she told me that she was reading his other book (in Dutch) at the same time and she loved that one too... she's going to bring it over for me when she comes here.. will be hard to wait!!)

3. We had 2 cats when we left Holland and they both moved in with my brother. The girl though escaped and they never found her again, was very sad!! We had our cats since Chris was 6 months old so they were 9 years old at the time.

4. I love gardening, especially a flower garden with lots of scented flowers. I have quite a few English roses in my not so big garden and at the moment my garden is so beautifully scented!

5. I wish I was a more tidy person!!!!

6. I love snacking at night when every one has gone to bed (naughty me!!)

7. I am quite stubborn and opinionated (too much at times!!)

Phew, that's done! So now I tag Margaret and Kaz. Here you go girlies :)

Happy scrapping :)














5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lieve Manon,

Wat een mooi verhaal over jullie verjaardagen,ik zie al dat jullie er volgend weekend niet zijn,mail maar even als je weer terug bent,
we wensen jullie veel plezier aan de kust,ik heb daar ook mooie herinneringen aan.

Liefs mama

Moira said...

Donna Hay is great isn't she!!!
Those cakes look so yummy.
I rang you the other day to ask if you wanted to come here and scrap last night - but then I remembered you were going to Kiwiscraps. Hope you had a ball!
x

Moira said...

P.S. Are you still doing another class at Scrap the Lot?!

Dee said...

ooh digi SLR!!!!! Lucky YOU! Keep us posted with what it's like to play with :)

Belinda Howlett said...

it was fantastic to meet you at KIWI scraps.
My DS turns 2 in 3 months and I am sooo sad about it...they grow up tooo fast