Tuesday, 27 May 2008

Too quick

These last few weeks have gone way too quickly!! It feels as if my mum and brother only arrived the other day but they have already left again! They have gone to Sydney for a few days before heading back to Holland. It was lovely to have them here. I suppose my mum has made up for the times she can't be with her grandkids. She has been playing with them heaps and they loved it of course! So now we are going back to our normal day to day life.

My gorgeous Ruby turned 4 last week! We had a party the weekend before her birthday so that megan, Drew and Melissa could come over as well. It had been a long time since all the kids were together! It was a lovely day. There were about 35 people in total at our place, the party started at 12 and the last people left just after 5.

We were so lucky that a friend of mine, Anita, painted all the kids their faces. She did such a fantastic job!! Here's the brithday girls in her butterfly glory :)


When my mum and brother were here I had plenty of opportunities to take some pictures. I made a LO about my bro for the CIS sketch blog. I used the little scrappers pack for it that is available in the shop, the lovely Liz gave one to every sketch DT member!!


This is the LO for this weeks sketch. If you take part in the sketch blog monthly competition you have the chance of becoming a guestdesigner for a month!!

At CIS we're having a cinema competition. The first week the genre was comedy. I choose the title "the burbs". Lucy is doing these fake burbs lately. I think she got it from the tot from the fairies.. Anyway here is a LO with Lucy doing her burbs and Ruby not being too impressed :)



Last week the genre was romance. I picked the title the sweetest thing. I had these pics for quite some time now so it was about time I did something with them. I suppose the love affair with chocolate starts here LOL


I started on the scraploot DT competition but pulled out as it was just too busy with my mum and brother being here and having enough time to do all the challenges. This is the card I made for the first and only challenge that I took part in. I am very happy with the card though.


Something I am so excited about is the fact that I am in the top ten of Mystical scrapbooks DT Masters competition! Woohoo!! Here are some of my entries.
The first one was to scrap an 8.5 x 11 LO, monochromatic. I love the little jeans pocket with flowers.

This LO had to be based on journalling... I couldn't get any more journalling on this LO if I wanted to.. I doodled on this LO with a versamark pen and heat embossed it. Never used then pen before bit really love it!This one was for last week. We had to use a size that is so different from the "standard" size and scrap about our scrap journey towards the DT. I was a bit nervous about doing this one but am very happy with how it turned out.

The last one was the hardest (for me anyway) as it had to be typically your style. I do like to vary my style and like to try new things so I really had to think about this one. But I suppose I do love scallops, doodling and funky colours so this is what I came up with. Thank you all so much for your votes!! I am busy working on this weeks challenge. Organising a CC, Theme, challenges and example LO's, fun!!



Suppose this is it for now. I'll try to update a bit sooner instead of having a LO overload.














9 comments:

Julie said...

wow manon love all the layouts here. Happy belated b'day to your little girl too.

Liz said...

WOOHOO Manon being in the top 10 at Mystical... congrats and you deserve that Manon as your layouts are devine. TFS all the gorgeous layouts and my fav this week would be "I always have time for you"... They are all wonderful, keep up the great work.

I cannot believe your mum and brother have left already - that went way quick hey!!!

Melli said...

i love all of your layouts ... i found your blog on CISter´s Stylish Sketches ... we are going to do a challenge on every monday in our german scrapbook forum ... for this challenge i take a look at all blogs i´ve subscribed on bloglines and this week it´s your layout and your blog´s turn :-)

this challenge should give an inspiration to all who wants to share the challenge ;-)

sorry for my bad english but its too long ago, i´ve used it

KarenB said...

Loving your LO's Manon. Congratulations on making the Top 10 at Mystical... not surprising though because your work is gorgeous :)

greetje From the Netherlands said...

Manon you did a great job with all those LO'S Love it
Hugs from Holland

M@risk@ said...

Schitterende layouts, vooral The Burp and Sweetest Thing zijn helemaal geweldig. Goh, zit de tijd er al weer op dat je moeder en broer geweest zijn. Het lijkt nog zo kort geleden dat je schreef dat ze zouden komen. Van mijn mam hoor ik hetzelfde, als ze bij mijn broer in Nieuw Zeeland zijn, om tijd in te halen met de kids. Er over scrappen is een goede remedie.

Fiona Carter said...

Happy birthday to your gorgeous girl, she looks so cute with her face painted. Loved looking through your layouts. Beautiful.

Marjolein said...

Wow...... you've done some scrappin' girl!! Love them all!!!
Happy belated b'day for your girlie, and hey, how's your DH doing???

kathj said...

great blog, beautiful work