Friday, 20 June 2008

First of all... no I didn't get in :(
Talking about mystical scrapbooks, am a bit disappointed but oh well, I'm sure something will come along eventually. Am busy trying for a few other ones so who knows hey! Yes I really would love to be on a Design Team. I am on the CIS sketch blog DT and love that but would love to add a "real" DT to that.
Anyway, what have we been up to? Not much out of the ordinary, playdates with friends (the girls and me as well :) ), dinner with friends, work, scrapping, date with DS Chris.

Chris and I went shopping together and the plan was that we were going out for dinner as well but he already had something to eat before so we didn't. We did go to the movies though. He really wanted to see Narnia.. . I really didn't. But "Narnia" and "Sex and the City" started at the same time so we both went to a movie we really enjoyed and could talk about it afterwards. I felt a bit bad about not going with him but he knew some kids there so it was all good. I so much loved the movie, if you haven't been you really should!!
Oh and guess what. Jol, Allan his niece her husband, who always organises "The Boot", the annual cricket game where Allan ruptured his achiles... he ruptured his Achiles as well, playing basketball. The poor guy!! I don't think he reads this but if you do (gotta do something with all that spare time.. hehe) Jol, hope you feel better very soon, mate!!

My mum brought some books over from Holland for me. I have been trying to read slowly so they'll last me a little longer. She gave me "De vliegeraar" (original title "the kite runner") written by Khaled Hosseini (I read his "a thousand splendid suns" before and totally loved it). Also she gave me a book called "schaduw op het zand (original tital is "Mirage") by Soheir Khashoggi (am reading that at the moment.. great book), a book by Marianne Fredriksson (saving that one for last) and IJsval (original title "Ice Trap") by Kitty Sewell. I already finished the last book and loved it so much. A real must read I reckon!! Aall 4 books are in Dutch and it's nice to read in my native language again as I don't do that very often.
Scrapping wise I've done some work for the sketch blog.




The forever always recipe scrap (so much fun... it's on every Thursday night.)




Blumars weekend workshop.



And the CIS cybercrop.


The first LO for the sketch blog features the cute Sabrina. She is the daughter of my sweet friend Liz. She has been doing so amazing this year!! 3 DT plus she is the head sketchie for the CIS sketch blog!! How totally awesome is that! And to top it of she is a wonderful and very special woman. She and the lovely Jolene have just got themselves a job at a scrapshop in Brisbane. Liz will be doing the Saturday shift and Jolene the weekdays. If you live in Brisbane, go and visit them and tell them I said hi :)
ps. I just received my prize for aussie scrapjack from Bella. I expected a little pack but it is huge!!!! A big pack of PP, flowers, 3 packets of brads, 2 big packets of chip shapes, 3 12 x 12 sheets of chip shapes, 4 sheets of chip tags and words, chip alpha's, pack with ribbons, chip borders.... OMG, how wonderful!!
Guess what I'll be doing this afternoon and weekend... :)
Happy scrapping!

6 comments:

Liz said...

Woohoo on the Bella prize pack - gotta love a generous prize pack.

Loving the gorggeous layouts - and of course "Little Miss Cool" is my fav but I am really loving "Such a happy girl" and "Rocking Climber".

Your layouts are always fun, colourful and fresh so that DT spot is just around the corner. If I can do it YOU can certainly do it Manon.

Thanks for the gorgeous layout and thanks for your congrats and kind words - always a pleasure chatting with you and enjoying your friendship!!

Julie said...

Way to go girl on the Bella pirze pack awesome stuff.

Your pages are gorgeous Manon and like Liz said that DT spot is'nt to far away.

Jolene Pienaar said...

:) we are lucky ducks hey, thanks for the congrats, your layouts are awesome as always and wow on the cool Bella prize!!

Anonymous said...

Lieve Manon,

Leuk verhaal en prachtige L.O's je maakt er altijd weer wat moois er zullen vast nog mooie prijzen voor jou in het verschiet liggen.

Liefs mama

Rebecca Vavic (nee Geach) said...

Manon... I am LOVING these layouts sweets, they are beautiful !!!

I hope all is well in your home again :)

You'll get a DT role real soon I am sure.

(hugs)
Bek xo

Laura said...

Oh manon, your layouts are just soooo gorgeous! I'd better add you to my google reader right now :)