Sunday, 5 October 2008

Very soon....

In a week are 2 we will be announcing a very fun announcement at ScrapBoutique. I will announce it here at the same time so keep your eyes open :)

I'm just having an hour all to myself. Allan has taken the kids over to our friends to watch under 20's NRL final while I'm busy cooking (hehe... it's an Egyptian hotpot.... so it's just stewing away on the stove).

It's already the second week of the school holidays here in the ACT! I just can't get over how quick the holidays go!

Last week Chris had his 15th birthday! He went to the movies with some friends and we took him out to dinner in the evening. I am quite sure he had a nice day, but it's sometimes a bit hard to tell with teenagers though lol.

We still haven't been to Floriade yet!! We tried to go the Friday before the holidays but after searchign for a park for more than half an hour I had enough so instead we bought ice cream and went home.

It's sure is a busy birthday time this time of the year, Chris last week and my mum the day before him and 2 of my gorgeous scrappy friends had their birthdays too so happy birthday Liz and Mum for the 28th, Chris for the 29th and Karen for the 4th!!

Not much longer and I will be celebrating my birthday... Am not too sure how to feel about this big one. Everyone keeps saying that 40 is fantastic! Ah well, I guess it's just a number. I should count my blessings, be happy that I have already had 40 wonderful, healthy and happy years with lovely family and friends around me. So I can't complain!!! And I'm going to have a party this year... has been a very very long time since I had a birthday party for myself!!

Ok scrappy wise... First of all.... Scrapboutique has a great sale on this weekend (till Monday)... go and have a look!! I've already filled up my basket but I'm sure there's still some left for you :)
I have some Scrapboutique DT work to show you and some other LO's :)
This first one was with some 3 bugs in a rug papers

This one is with BG Offbeat. I sent it to the Basic Grey site and they accepted it for in their gallery, woohoo!!
And here a card for my mum :)

Another DT one, with K&Co. papers. This one was for Liz. I never used this paper before but I really loved working with it!!
Another K&Co one, this time it's from the Mira range.

This LO was done for this long weekends challenge at ScrapBoutique (you can find it under random challenges). Chris was jumping on the trampoline, doing the "make me a supermodel" poses. I couldn't resist. As it was around sunset I could get these almost silhouette photo's, loved the effect. All BG offbeat again.


This one was for my CC challenge last week at ScrapBoutique. Some older photo's of Ruby at Floriade. I used some RAD actions from "Totally Rad", that you could download for free, on these pics. I love the effect as it makes them look at bit "old fashioned"

The next 2 LO's are for the CISters stylish sketches!!

Don't you just love this grumpy face?
And my last project is this portfolio that I made for craft online. I really enjoyed using some old photo's for this challenge. It's all about our Dutch heritage. Only from my mum's side as I realised I have absolutely no photo's of any of my relatives from my dads side. I only have a pic of my cousin Maureen!! And that was because she was here and we took photo's of each other. Bit sad hey!!





Anyway, of to stir the pot again!!

Happy scrapping :)


13 comments:

Chris Millar said...

So many fabulous layouts here Manon!! Congrats on being on the BG gallery - it's a super layout!
What a one sided game the final was today! Still pretty exciting!

salisburymob said...

gorgeous pages Manon!I love the photos on the sooky la la page- too cute!

Sheree said...

Hi Manon! Thank you so much for visiting my blog tonight and leaving such a lovely comment!

You've certainly been scrapping up a storm... so many fantastic layouts!!! I especially love the BG Offbeat one that was accepted to their gallery (congrats!)... it's an awesome page!

Hope you've had a great weekend!
Sheree xx

Anonymous said...

Leuk om weer een update van je leven in Australiƫ te lezen. Ergens heb ik nog wel (oude) foto's van de familie liggen. Ik zal ze voor je opzoeken en mailen. Kan je daar ook mee aan de slag.
Groetjes aan iedereen thuis.
Maureen

KimmyS said...

Oh.
My.
World.
Your projects are amazing!!!! I am so bookmarking your blog now!

Krissy C said...

Stunning work as always Manon :) Woohoo on the BG gallery chickie!!

Dont worry about turning 40 its the new 30 lovey ;)

Keep up the fandabbydosey work!!

Krissy xx

Anonymous said...

Lieve Manon,

Wat heb je weer prachtige LO's gemaakt,vooral die van Chris op de trampoline wat een mooie kleuren,heel byzonder en opa in zijn militaire pakkie,ook die van de meiden is natuurlijk fantastisch.

Liefs mama

jessi said...

hey!! thanks for visiting my blog!!! LOVe your scrappy creations!!! especially love that little fold out mini!!!

havea fabulous day!!

jessi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Edleen said...

mmm...i can smell the Yummy brew in your pot all the way from here! :D

love love all your layouts and cards Manon! so Beautiful :)

Happy Birthday to your teenager! and i'm sure turning a year older will be fun ;)

hve a wonderful week!

M@risk@ said...

Gefeliciteerd met je zoon. Ook al weer 15. Super foto's en layout op de trampoline. Je heritage boekje is prachtig en vast heel waardevol (ik ben gek op oude foto's en de verhalen die erbij horen).

kathj said...

love the Lo's the grumpy on is so funny!

Liz Weber said...

Manon thanks for the birthday wishes, can't wait until you join me in the "40's" - it's not that bad after all lol

Wowzers look at all those amazing layouts - and ALL of your layouts should be up in the manufacturer galleries.

I just love what you created for me with that photo of Sabrina - thanks so much for being such a special special friend.

Only 8 more sleeps my dear.