Saturday, 17 January 2009

Summer Holidays & challenges

It looks like we have been too busy enjoying the summer holidays to blog. Anyway....

We have been going to the park heaps, going to the pool, hanging out at home, visiting friends etc the last few weeks. Just a relaxing holiday :)

And guess what, I've taken the plunge and started on my journey into digi scrapping. I've given in and started the 365 photo "challenge". I'm just not going to paper scrap all these pictures. I've done that before and found it too hard to stay on top of it, so I purchased a Weeds and Wildflowers 365 days kit. OMG it's so lovely!!! I'm still learning how to do it all but am having lots of fun with it!! Here's my first half of a week...


I've also started joining in at Blue Bazaars art journal. Now I have never ever done any

multi media stuff or art journal but am so ready to learn something new!! So here is my first attempt :) I've used my word for this year on it, positivity!!

This next LO was done for a challenge at Karen's scrapping cupboard. My little Lucy drinking for my cup of tea. For some unknown reason everything tastes better coming from my plate or cup..hhhmmm lol.

This lay out is an example for the sketch challenge at ScrapBoutique this month. A sketch by the lovely Liz Weber!!

Speaking of ScrapBoutique. I am running a photo challenge there for the month of January. Every week I post another challenge and you have till early February to take the photo's and create some gorgeous work with it. Why don't you come over and have some fun with us! You can find the challenges in the random challenges.

One more thing i wanted to share with you all today is this book, oh my, how much I loved it, but I've finished it!! I can highly recommend it!!

This week I also had an MSN chat with my sweet bestest girlfriend from primary school. Our first chat in about 25 years I think! Oh it was so so lovely. It's funny how our first friends somehow always keep a very very special place in our hearts. Big hugs to you Juliet, mwah!!! We won't be waiting another 25 years to have another chat let me tell you!!

Better go now.... create some more stuff :)

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Happy scrapping :)




















5 comments:

Ingrid said...

Gorgeous work, Manon. Mum's Cuppa and Daytrip to Narooma are my favorites.

Kerryn said...

Love your digi efforts so far. I haven't tried yet, mind you only have basic software.

Gorgeous layouts too :).

Liz Weber said...

Great digi layout Manon - very you... I am loving that "Mum's Cuppa" layout - great colours and just love the photos... Your photo challenges are wonderful - thanks for sharing them with us at ScrapBoutique!

Edleen said...

Wow Manon! loving your work and did you draw that? it's Awesome!

hope you're having a great week :)

Anonymous said...

Lieve Manon,

Mooi werk lieffie vooral die van Lucy met haar grote kop en in bad,de andere zijn natuurlijk ook prachtig,waar is Ruby?

Liefs mama