Wednesday, 18 February 2009

First day and the Retreat

My big girl Ruby started pre-school last week. 2 days a week. She already made a "best friend" as she called it on her second day. She also got into a little fight with 2 boys but they sorted all that out, was nothing serious though. I tried to take photo's of her on her first day but it was hard as someone was trying to hog the camera...lol


I did end up with one kinda cute one of Ruby. And funny thing is her new "bestest friend" is right behind her.


Miss Lucy wanted to go to school too. Her daycare is now "her school". So 3 kids in 3 different places... not every day though. I get to spend one day a week with Ruby alone and one day with Lucy alone. Lovely!! Ruby and I already had a few days alone but tomorrow will be the first one with just Lucy. We're going to visit lovely Bek and her cutie Josh. So it will be fun for both of us!!


Bek and I also went to the retreat together 1 1/2 weeks ago. it was great, we had so much fun!!That girl can really make me laugh :)



On the last day I went outside to take a photo of this emu dad and his children. While I was taking a photo of them this mob of kangaroos started to jump around. Can't get much more of an Australian picture than that... I know the photo itself ain't fantastic but the animals on it are!!


Of course I did some scrapping too. No Lay outs this time! I know, shocking!! I decided to do some projects that I have wanted to do for a while so I made an 8x8 album for Chris about his trip with Oma and Jeroen to Kiama, an album about the girls in their pretty pink dresses (I just love love love those dresses) and I am still working on our holiday album. Was very happy with what I achieved!

On Saturday night I'll be going to a crop night at the LSS with my friend Lucrecia, will be fun!! It's been ages since we've scrapped together. I usually just visit her at the shop or we go somewhere together, so this will be a real treat!!


Everything is slowly returning back to normal after the school holidays. Chris is in year 10 this year, only one more year at this school. I really hope he will enjoy and make the most of the last year at this school.


oh that's right, I've been tagged by Rihani. Thank you Rihani! The 6th photo in the 6th file on my computer.

Let's see... (I'm not sure what it will be...)

Awwww, my cutie Lucy when she was just over 1 year old, cute!!
At Scrapboutique we've started out Passion for Fashion2. Oh it's so much fun. This week it's all about the eighties. Everyone has been digging out piccies of them during that time, so much fun. It's not too late to join in, there are some awesome prizes up for grabs!!
And to finish off, one of the cards i taught at CIS last weekend during our CC. I did 5 cards, one valentines card for each of the kids and one birthday card for a little cousin. Perfect!



Thanks for visiting.

Happy scrapping :)



8 comments:

Kerryn said...

Sounds like your kids are growing up fast Manon!

Love the card. Those papers make me smile :).

lusi said...

Oh no -just lost my comment :(
Anyway, i wanted to say thanks for your visit today and love that photo of Ruby with the Australia puzzle (our kids love it here too). The photo of the emus and the roos too - so Aussie I love it!
Great to also see the pic of you with beautiful Bek :)
Love Lusi x

Jayne said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday nice to have some visitors :) Love the card!!

Rebecca Vavic said...

I LOVE your girls pink dresses too... I seriously MAY one day dress Joshua in one of them HA!

Thanks for hanging out today, Joshua is SUCH a showoff for your Lucy!! LOL.

Your Lucy is adorable, that hug to Nath was priceless!

We'll have to catch up again real soon :)

Bxo

rihani said...

Aww what a cute pic of Lucy! Sweet :)
Sounds like you got heaps done at the retreat you went to, woohoo! :)

Anonymous said...

Lieve Manon,

Wat een mooie foto's van Ruby op school en wat ziet ze er mooi uit en die grappige Lucy op de voorgrond prachtig,wat een verschil met toen ze 1jaar was wat kan een kind snel veranderen.

Liefs mama

Edleen said...

she's adorable!!!

looks like the retreat was so much fun :) i guess you'll be making an album on that? ;)

Enjoy the weekend Manon!

Chris Millar said...

Such a cute photo of Ruby starting pre-school! Glad you had a wonderful time at the retreat you went to! I'm hanging out to get to a retreat at the moment, it's been ages since I've been to one! Have a great weekend!