Monday, 31 August 2009

Last day of August

Wow, this month has flown by hasn't it. Less than 3 weeks and my mum will be here, woohoo!!!
In 2006 my mum and I spend a few days in Melbourne. I never really documented it but as Chels send me some of the gorgeous Octber Afternoon traveler range I had the perfect papers to make a little album about our trip. I'm very happy with how it turned out. Not too fussy and bulky but quite simple and nice. Don't get me wrong, I love bulky and busy mini albums but this is nice too, for a change :) Here is a page from the album. Chels might put the rest in the newsletter or on the shops website.
Speaking of ScrapBoutique... have you applied yet to be on our fabulous design team??? We are so excited to add another stylist to our team!! I love it so much there and would love it if one of you girls (or boys??) would come and join us :)



I finished the little dress I was making for Lucy. It's not a fancy dress or something really difficult but as it is my first little girls dress I'm very happy with it. I finished it last Thursday together with Lucy. She was helping me sometimes a little too enthusiastic lol. I was taking out the pins from an area that I just sewn and she thought she could help me to by taking out all the other pins as well, oops haha. She made me very happy by putting it on straight away and not wanting to take it off for 2 days in a row, good girl hey;)

Now I have a quilt to make. Am a little nervous about it but my friend Krissy (hey did you see this gorgeous chickie featured in Scrapbooking memories this month!!!) her mum is going to help me through cyberspace. She's already given me some great tips so let's see how we go hey!! Oh by the way, Krissy has some gorgeous flowers for sale on her site!! I already ordered some for myself.

It's going to be a busy week in the evenings this week, taking Chris to his work meeting, going to the info evening for kindy for Ruby and the day after to the info evening for college for Chris. I will have all my children in 3 different kind of schools next year!! The youngest in pre school and the eldest in college. A big difference. A lot of people are often surprised by the age gap (understandable though) but I find the age gap quite nice. Chris is very good with his sisters most of the time and they adore him. I also like being able to do big kids stuff with him and little girls stuff with the girls. Keeps me thoroughly entertained. I think Chris likes it (most of the times) as well. He does need his own space as well of course so I try to make sure the girls give him that space when he needs it.

Friends of the girls usually love having him around as well. He's great at being silly with them haha. On the weekend we had some friends over. I hadn't seen my friend and her kiddies for too long so it was very nice to catch up again!! Hopefully we can do it again very soon :)

I'll be back tomorrow with my LO for this months 123 challenge.. some very interesting criteria for September ;)

Happy scrapping :)

5 comments:

Donna said...

It's very similar dynamics here Manon. Sam turned 18 yesterday, and he had 4 little girls & 1 little boy helping him blow out his candles, climbing all over him..not one complaint. Sam is fabulous with his little sisters!

Krissy C said...

Awww thanks for mentioning me and my flowers lovey *mwah* and thanks for your order too :)you rock :)

Yay for your mum coming soon!Love the LO too :D

Chris sounds like a total sweetheart with his gorgeous sisters :)

Love that dress!!Clever chickie :)

Dont stress about making your quilt lovey!It'll be fandabbydosey :)

Lotsa love
Krissy xx

Ruth said...

You r little peek of your book looks gorgeous!!
I LOVE the dress...such beautiful fabrics and she looks so sweet in it!!

Felicity said...

wahoo at your mum coming very soon!!
Love the Page too!
And that dress is just gorgeous, very clever you are.
Hope you survive your bust week okay.
:)
x

Lana said...

Great work with the dress Manon! I'm sure you'll do great with the quilt, especially with Krissy's Mum's help :-)