Monday, 23 November 2009

Online scrapping

I think it's so nice this online scrapping community. You meet lots of lovely people, get inspired by all the gorgeous work and learn different techniques. It's even better when you get to meet the online friends IRL. Last night I met my fellow Stylist at ScrapBoutique Emma. It was so lovely. She and her hubby came over for dinner and she did the Sunday Roast from our place. She was as lovely IRL as she came across online. I'm sure we'll catch up again next time she is back in Canberra or when we go to the Gold Coast to visit Megan.

Earlier this year I met the gorgeous bosslady Chels and our guest Stylist Amanda who were both lovely. Now, I still haven't met Lizee. Lizee and I have been online friends for quite a while but have never met. I would really love to meet her!! One day I'm sure :)

Luckily some of the scrappy girls live closer by. I met Donna at the retreat earlier this year and she has been over for a visit. Soon she'll come again, woohoo!! Of course I have my other gorgeous (scrappy) friends here too. And I love spending time with them.

I wonder, would a retreat here in or near Canberra be a good idea??

Anyway.

This weekend was the CC at ScrapBoutique. On Friday night we did the speed scrap with Chels and this is my LO.



I set a colour challenge this month. This is my example.



Chels send me some lovely Pink Paislee Chrissy paper and i used that to make this LO. The photo is a few years old but I quite like having a look through older photo's and using one of them to scrap. This one is from 2006.




I taught my Chrissy album last week at ScrapBoutique. I also used my 2006 Chrissy photo's for that as i didn't scrap much then and had no Chrissy work from that year.


Of course I'm going to do a Chrissy daily again this year but I thought I would make it a digi one this time round. Just to make it a bit easier in the hectic month.


I am also trying to do Jessica Sprague's Holidays in Hand classes. She is a fabulous teacher and always has wonderful ideas. It's a free one so join in if you like!!!

That's it for now. Some girls tagged me so I'll do another post rally soon!!!



Happy Scrapping :)


7 comments:

Kerryn said...

How cool that you've been able to meet so many online friends.

LOVE all the layouts, gorgeous :).

Felicity said...

AWESEOME lo'S!!!
it is great meeting online friends IRL. I hope next year we are down that way, that I can pop and see you :)
I am also doing Jessicas class too :)
THANKS for always visting my blog, your comments are very encouraging.
xx

lkamphuis said...

Im glad you got to meet Em - she is so gorgeous!!

Linda said...

The idea of a retreat in Canberra sounds interesting - not too far for me!

Lots of gorgeous LO's - just loved your colour challenge LO!

♥Liz Weber♥ said...

**Sigh** one day Manon, one day for sure.

Glad you got to meet Emma, it is on my "must do" list as well.

Loving the pretty layouts here, keep up the wonderful work and congrats on the publications - I really must buy me a magazine to check them out hey!!

amanda said...

So glad you had a nice time with Em on Sunday night Manon!!! And it sure is a bonus of our wonderful craft, being able to meet like-minded friends IRL & online.

Guess what - I've met Miss Liz & she's an amazing giggler - bet you didn't know that about her LOL

Wendy Smith said...

gorgeous looking layouts...love them all