Sunday, 10 January 2010

All about me.

How are you going in the new year??? Still enjoying your holidays??
Our "work" holidays have finished but as I only work one day a week it's not such a big change for me. Just that Allan will be at work again. Still 3 more weeks to do some fun stuff with the kids though.
Ruby and I have seriously started on reading with "reading eggs". Well, kinda more serious. Still fun though. Ruby did the computer chapters again and we are "reading " the books and she does some other activities with the letters. She just memorises the pictures though. Even when I cover them with my hand so there is only the word visible she still remembers where the pictures were. I do realise though that she can't read the words just yet as she sometimes uses a different word for the picture she had previously seen on the page lol, little tricker!!

On Friday Allan and I spent some time together shopping and going out to lunch. It was a long time ago that we did something together so it was really nice.
On Saturday I went to Woden to scrap with the CM ladies. I signed up to the retreat in Feb (woohoo) and scrapped 3 lay outs. All 3 about me. On Friday during our lunch Allan was telling me all these child hood stories and I said he should write them down for the kids etc. Then I thought that was a bit bad of me to say that as I don't really do many pages about me and my child hood memories so I thought I'd better change that! So on Friday night I worked on Em's challenge at ScrapBoutique about the year you were born and on Saturday I did 3 pages (minus the journaling... need a new pen). They are not too fancy, pretty simple, but they kinda turned out like that and that's ok with me.
The titles are all in Dutch but the journaling will be in English so the kiddies will be able to read it too.

Oh, yep still going to the gym. My silly belly button mini hernia popped out again so am NOT happy about that!! Avoiding the crunches till I see the gp so he can tell me what I should do. Sigh, and I thought exercise was so good for you....

Anyway, here are the LO's, starting with the challenge and then the other ones about me (don't zoom in to see the perm... it's pretty horrible pmsl)





Have a lovely week!!!

Happy scrapping :)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoi Manon,
Wat onzettend leuk dat je herinneren van vroeger op papier zet. Wij hebben ooit ook nog bij elkaar gelogeerd, maar volgens mij hebben we daat geen foto's van gemaakt.

Dit jaar ga ik proberen 'Project 365' van scrapbooking te doen. Elke dag een foto en per week een pagina. Als het zo ver is, mail ik je wat.
Groetjes,

Maureen

Felicity said...

love those LO's what a brilliant idea scrapping about your childhood.
sounds like you've been busy and enjoying your time with your kids :) x

Tara said...

stunning pages, love them!!!

love Woden too, my favourite place to go in Canberra!!

Kerryn said...

Fab work Manon! LOL about the perm, I had one in the late 80's that made me look like a frizzy poodle. Not a good look.

♥Liz Weber♥ said...

Gorgeous idea and pages Manon - your kids will so love looking through these pages about you! Just love all your great pages Manon!

Melissa said...

OMG Manon, they are FANTASTIC...loving all the colours you have chosen.What a teriffic idea.I too have been thinking on doing more LO's on me and the things I like and did like doing when I was younger.Glad you had a crafty day out with your friends, and even better a day out with your hubby. I have an Alan too.They must be nice guys to have snagged us hey!!!

Lana said...

The layouts are great and will be awesome to have in the future for the kids and future grandkids to know all about your history :-)

Good luck with the gym! There's plenty to do besides crunches lol!

Krissy Christie said...

Beautiful work Manon!Good idea to scrap yourself for future generations chickie :)

Oh no about the hernia :( {{hugs}}

Krissy xx

M@risk@ said...

Leuk om te scrappen over vroeger, dierbare herinneringen. Ik ben op het moment ook helemaal into oude foto's in combinatie met Graphic 45 spullen. Helemaal top.

Anonymous said...

Lieve Manon,

Wat een leuke LO's en wat een leuk idee om zo je jeugdherinneringen te scrappen vooral de namweg en die met je geboortekaartje.

liefs mama

Laura said...

Hey Manon! Great idea about the "Me" album, its so true that the kids will want to read about your and Allan's life when they get older. The layouts are great!!!
Have fun with the rest of the holidays!!
Laura xoxo

Linda said...

Awesome LO's & fantastic idea....love it!

& to answer your question you asked on my blog - My camera is a Pentax K100D - thanks for your lovely words :)

Christine said...

Massive congratulations on your HM sweets, I just love that double, the photos are stunning and the colours you used are so pretty. I'm so happy for you!
And wow Manon, I really love these pages here - love that style! What a fantastic idea to cover the theme of your childhood.
Bec and Will are loving reading eggs too, they only started a week ago though, but I've been so impressed with it.

Georgia Keays said...

what lovely pages manon, such a great idea to scrap yourself. i couldn't resist a closer look at the perm though lol. thanks for your lovely comment on my blog and congrats to you on your HM, your LO was gorgeous.

Edleen said...

Dear Manon, love your layouts!!!

wish i could join you @ the gym :D hope you're having a great week :)