Wednesday, 3 March 2010

Autumn

Happy Autumn everyone. I love this time of year where it's a bit cooler and the leaves change colour... very nice :)

Anyone read "The Divine Comedy" by Dante? Chris got the game and he loved it so much. He now bought himself the 3 books and is reading them. I was very impressed!! It's so nice when a teenage boy surprises you in such a positive way!!

Next week I'll be teaching 2 card classes at my work for International Women's day. I made one card with a cute girlie paper piecing and one card with some stamping.
For my card challenge at ScrapBoutique I also made a card with a paper piecing. Here's my example.


This month I also host the monthly themed challenge. Because of International Women's Day I chose to create a LO about a woman I admire and love and gave that same challenge to the other girls. The other criteria is to use a quote for the title. I used one of Mother Theresa. Here is my example.Remember I told you about being flooded in during the retreat?? Well here is a piccie of the "flood". I have never been flooded in before so to me it was pretty special.


Drew, Melissa and Sophie moved last weekend to Canberra. So we can get to see them a whole lot more now. Sophie spend the whole Saturday with me and the kids while Allan helped them move. I was a bit nervous as Sophie cried a lot before every time I held here but she was absolutely gorgeous!! Such a happy fun gorgeous little girl!! And she stopped crying every time I held her so I was feeling all happy!! Here is the little princess being kissed by her Auntie Lucy lol.


That's it from me today. Hope you have a lovely rest of the week.

Happy Scrapping :)

7 comments:

Kerryn said...

awwww how precious is she Manon! I bet you will all enjoy the chance to see her more often.

LOVE your layout and card. Just fabulous!!

Stacey Young said...

What a sweet pic Manon:) That is lovely you will get the chance to she her more often now.

Oh no to the flooding, wow, we have all had some rain the past couple of months haven't we....hope all is okay:)

The scrapbooking and card: just lovely:):)

Have a fantastic day!

♥Liz Weber♥ said...

Gorgeous pic of Auntie Lucy with gorgoeus Sophie, so glad they have moved closer to you guys!

Wow you sure make paper piecing look fun and easy, your card is wonderful Manon.

Love that layout of your Mum, very special indeed.

So lovely to hear from you, thanks Manon :-)

♥Liz Weber♥ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Felicity said...

very sweet photo :) and that card is AWESOME!!! your very clever.
Oh dear about the flooding :(
love your work as always and reading your blog :) x

Edleen said...

Dear Manon, i truly love that layout! and what a lovely card :) they'll definitely have fun in your class.

have a fun week!

Christine said...

LOVE your card, it is stunning! Gorgeous page too, and that pic of Auntie Lucy is just the sweetest!