Thursday, 24 June 2010

So sweet...

This morning I was busy all morning, buying Ruby a new back pack as her zipper broke the other day, did all the groceries and then rushed home to have a little while at home before I had to pick up the girls again. When I went to my scrap room I found this picture on my desk. Something like this just makes you stop and smile. I'm so lucky to have such sweet girls. Thank you Ruby!!

Last weekend was our monthly cybercrop at Scrap boutique. My challenge was the sketch challenge. This was my example:

The photos were taken last week when I took the girls to a park near Gungahlin. They have a rope bridge there and Ruby wanted to go on it and she walked all the way to the other side by herself. A year ago she would have been way too scared to go on it but she seems to have grown so much stronger and more confident in her physical abilities, really makes me feel good!

Our guest stylist Linda her challenge was to make a LO about a house of houses. I went on google maps and found some photos of some of my child hood homes so I printed them out and used them for this LO. Am very happy I got to do this, thanks Linda!!!


Amanda her challenge was the speed scrap but I submitted that Lo and it was accepted so can't show you that one.
The last challenge I did was Em's challenge, the Sunday roast, loved this. Am very happy with my lay out :) Thanks Emma!!!



I am designing a (free) class for ScrapBoutiques birthday month, which is in July, and am excited and a little bit nervous about, doing something that is new to me too, can't wait to get started actually but am procrastinating a bit... oops. Better get started hey. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!

Happy Scrapping :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

looking forward to the free class Manon.

So sweet Manon I have a few of them too. Kinda brings a tear to the eye.

well done Ruby

Bozzle

KarenB said...

Hi Manon, loving all those lovely LO's but that picture is just the most precious thing ever!! Have a great day xx

Kerryn said...

awww ain't that the sweetest!

You have been busy with your scrapping Manon, they are fab layouts!!

Stacey Young said...

Thanks Manon, yes we are, I am working on it now and struggling atm, just not coming together! Gorgeous new pages too, love the last one:)

Leanne said...

OMGosh! These lo's are gorgeous! Thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog so I can now enjoy your work!!

Krissy Christie said...

Beautiful work as always Manon!

Awww love Rubys drawing :D Its so gorgeous :)

Krissy xx

Linda said...

Awwww how sweet of little Ruby - it's great that little things like this can bring a smile & such joy to our lives :)

Looking forward to your upcoming class, Manon - I'm sure you will rock it!

Anonymous said...

Lieve Manon,

Wat een mooie tekening van Ruby,ik kan me voorstellen dat je daar door ontroerd raakt en wat heb je mooie LO's gemaakt.

liefs mama

Edleen said...

that's really lovely from your girls :) and love your layouts Manon!

hope you'll have a fun time during class :D

Christine said...

Aww, that picture from Ruby is so sweet! Gorgeous gorgeous pages, I love the pics of your childhood homes.
I've left an award for you on my blog too :)

BabyBokChoy said...

beautiful projects and love the thinker one especially. That picture she drew is so so so sweet :)